Downtown United Soccer Club, Inc. is organized as a 501c(3) not for profit entity to educate, train and inspire youth soccer players of all ages and abilities in a positive, respectful, supportive environment. To foster a community that reflects the diversity of New York City in which children can develop a lifelong love for the beautiful game and realize their full potential as both players and people.
Statement of Core Principles
Shared by our Players, Volunteers, Coaching Staff, Administration and Board
Put the best interests of the players first by emphasizing individual long-term development.
- We provide healthy balanced competition that supports the developmental goals of each player at their own pace, while instilling a passion for the game that inspires them to work hard and reach beyond their own expectations.
- We seek to develop technically skilled, confident and creative players who are adaptable to the future demands of the game.
Provide the proper environment to learn important life-skills through the sport of soccer.
- We foster a respect for the game of soccer and each player by promoting friendship, integrity and good sportsmanship in a fun, caring and supportive way. We believe the development of the player, both on and off the field, is equally important and provide opportunities to further develop their character and important life-skills.
- We work in partnership with our parents and volunteers in an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and open communication.
- We work in partnership with other soccer organizations to promote and develop a life-long love of soccer within and beyond our local community.
Inclusion of all members of our community.
- We provide an opportunity for all the children and families in our community, regardless of their financial resources or athletic ability to achieve their soccer goals.
DUSC has been selected to be a Youth Affiliate of New York City FC. The program is designed to provide soccer technical support and assistance to a select group of clubs from the New York Metropolitan Area. The program utilizes the technical expertise of New York City FC’s sporting department to give Youth Affiliate Clubs an enhanced ability to develop their youth talent by supporting their coaching methodology and club structure.
The affiliation with New York City FC offers a clear pathway for the local youth soccer community to reach the highest level of competition, providing each access to the invaluable resources and expertise of Major League Soccer’s 20th team.
Sky Blue FC - Club Partner
DUSC has entered into a strategic partnership with Sky Blue FC to align with our local professional club of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). Some of the many opportunities in the partnership will include discounted tickets, player appearances, and access to various training and game day experiences.